This tutorial will teach you how to Import an Excel Message Schedule after a client review.
NOTE: This tutorial assumes that you are importing an excel document that was first exported from the SIGN table in SignAgent Pro™ 3.0. See here for details: Exporting to Excel
1. Start the Import from the SIGN Table
1. Go to the SIGN Table (in FileMaker)
2. Click the Import button in the toolbar
2. Choose Your File
Find your file that you would like to import. (By default, it should've originally been saved into the Excel folder of your SignAgent Pro™ project folder, with the name SIGN.xlsx)
3. Choose Fields to Import
Now, you can choose the fields you would like to import back into the SIGN table.
A couple things to note...
- Keep the __pk__tl fields matched up (with the double-arrow). This is a unique identifier that helps SignAgent Pro™ match up the imported signs with the originals.
- By default, only the Client Notes field will import over... This means that any changes in the Excel file in the Client Notes column will carry over, and any changes in any other column will not. You can change this by clicking on the 2 dots for any other field (Type, Message, Notes, etc.) to change them to a single-arrow
- Don't import the first record... keep this box checked.
- Update matching records in found set... Keep this box checked (it will match signs based on __pk__tl)
- This means that if the client added any rows in the Excel file, they will be moved over to the SignAgent Pro™ file as new signs (but will only import the fields that you select... see step 2)
Once you're happy with these settings, click Import
Often, you probably won't have to change any of these settings... you can just click Import and it will import the Client Notes from the Excel Spreadsheet
4. Import Options
Keep this checkbox checked, and click Import
The information from your Excel spreadsheet has now been imported back into the SIGN Table.