This tutorial will outline the current folder structure for SignAgent Pro
General Folder Structure
Each SignAgent Pro™3.0 folder should contain the following:
• An Archive folder
• An Excel folder
• A Links folder
• A Reports folder
• A SignAgent Pro-3.fmp12 file (FileMaker database)
• A SignAgent Pro-3.indd file (InDesign document)
• An XML folder
It's extremely important that you DO NOT CHANGE the names of any of these files/folders!!! If you change them you could cause any number of unpleasant errors.
The only exceptions are:
• The InDesign document... you can rename that to whatever you like.
• The SignAgent Pro-3_0 folder can be named whatever you like as well. The only thing to note is that you should avoid using certain special characters, especially "&,*,%,#,!,+,=,and .,"
The Archive folder includes a copy of
1. The InDesign file from just before the last time you synchronized... It will be replaced every time you synchronize
2. The FileMaker database from just before the last time you synchronized... it will be placed every time you synchronize
This means that the files in the Archive folder will always contain the same data and will be correctly linked.
To recover these files and start back from before the last time you synchronized, just move them from the Archive folder into the main SignAgent Pro™ folder, replacing the FileMaker database and the InDesign document currently in the main SignAgent Pro folder.
The Excel folder is where any exported Excel files will be automatically saved to after being exported from SignAgent Pro
In the LINKS folder, you may find the following subfolders (DON'T CHANGE THE FOLDER NAMES)
Plans - Place your floor plans for InDesign here
SIGN - SignAgent Pro will automatically place links to all the pictures in the SIGN table in this folder... also don't change the subfolder names here
TYPE - SignAgent Pro will automatically place links to all the pictures in the TYPE table in this folder... also don't change the subfolder names here.
This folder contains separate databases for the customizable reports... don't touch these or worry about them too much.
The Reports.fmp12 file contains all the templates for all the customized reports you've created, including the default reports
The Bridge.fmp12 file passes the information back and forth between the main SignAgent Pro-3.fmp12 file and the Reports.fmp12 file, like a bridge, if you will.
This folder contains background information that is passed between FileMaker and InDesign.
Don't touch it. Don't worry about it.