Here are step by step instructions on how to synchronize a SignAgent Pro™ 3.0 database (or higher) and location plans using the Sync_3.jsxbin Script
The synchronization process always starts in InDesign and then FileMaker.
Here is how the synchronization process works:
- Changes in the Database will be reflected on the Location Plan.
- Changes on the Location Plan will be reflected in the Database
- If you change the same sign in both, the Location Plan wins!
Step 1 - Start Sync Script
1. Use Keyboard Shortcut: Shift + Cmd +2 (Ctrl + Shift +2 on PC)
Alternatively, you can double-click on the script in the Scripts Panel (see image) (Window > Utilities > Scripts)
Step 2 - Perform Sync Script
1. Press: Sync
Every time you Synchronize, a copy of BOTH the InDesign file and the FileMaker database will be saved in the Archive folder BEFORE synchronization.
Step 3 - Switch to FileMaker
1. Switch to FileMaker when the dialog says: Switch to FileMaker, press Sync
(NOTE: If you are using Mac OS X 10.11, El Capitan, the dialog may not tell you to Switch to FileMaker and Press Sync. Check out this article for details: Sync Script Makes InDesign Freeze)
Step 4 - Press Sync
1. Select: SIGN Table
2. Press: SYNC
Step 5 - Database Updated
1. Press OK
Step 6 - Location Plans Updated
1. Switch back to InDesign, and Press Done
Note that InDesign automatically saves after every successful synchronization.
Your database and location plans are now fully synchronized!