This tutorial will give you step-by-step instructions on how to add floor plans to the your SignAgent Pro™ InDesign document.
1. Prepare your Floor Plans
The first step is to find your floor plans and make sure they're ready to go. We typically recommend using a PICT file (.pct), for its small size and high resolution, but other image or file types can work as well. For info on PICT files, check out this tutorial here: Preparing PICT Location Plans
We also recommend that you keep place any floor plans you'll be using in the Links folder of your new SignAgent Pro™ project folder, so they're easy to find, and you'll always have access to them, even if you move your SignAgent Pro™ folder from computer to computer.
2. Add Floor Plans to InDesign
Once you've opened your InDesign document, follow these steps.
1. Open up the Layers Panel (Go to Window > Layers, or press F7), or just choose it, if it's already open.
2. Select the Plans Layer (by clicking on it) and unlock it (by clicking on the little lock icon). If there are already floor plans in here, delete them (if unwanted) by clicking on the floor plan and pressing delete.
3. Place your new floor plans by going to File > Place... (or pressing command + D on Mac or ctrl + D on PC), finding your floor plan from Step 1, and clicking where you want the top-left corner of these plans to be.
4. Lock the Plans layer by clicking in the little grey square in the layers panel (see above image for clarification)
If your project only has one floor, then you can skip to step 4! Otherwise...
Step 3. Another Page!
If you've got a project with multiple floors, you'll probably want to place each floor on its own separate page. Here's how to do that:
1. Go to the Pages Panel (Go to Window > Pages or press command + F12 on Mac or ctrl + F12 on PC) or just choose it, if it's already open.
2. Add a blank page by either clicking the New Page button, or right-clicking (ctrl-clicking on Mac) and selecting Insert Pages... Note that if you choose the Insert Pages option, you can add multiple pages at a time, which can be convenient for larger projects.
3. Go to your new, blank page, either by double-clicking it in the Pages Panel, or using the page navigation tools at the bottom-left of your window.
4. Repeat Step 2: Add Floor Plans to InDesign.
Once you've added all the necessary plans to InDesign, there's one last step...
4. Add Levels to the LEVEL Table in FileMaker Pro
Alright, last step! If you haven't already, open up your SignAgent Pro-3.fmp12 database file, and do the following:
1. Go to the LEVEL Table
2. Create level entries in here, either by using the New or Duplicate buttons.
3. Re-order your entries, if necessary, by using the Up and Down buttons... keep in mind that the order they are sorted here will affect the order they are sorted in other places across SignAgent Pro™, including your reports.
And you're done! It's a bit of work to set up, but once this is done, you'll be ready to speed through some seriously well documented sign programming!