This tutorial will teach you how to replace your Phase sub-headers with Type sub-headers, allowing you to separate out your types more in your message schedules.
Currently, this will also put each Type on a separate page.
1. Duplicate Existing Message Schedule Report Layout
The first thing you should do is make a duplicate report of your Message Schedule, and call it "Message Schedule Type Sort" with the Sort Order of "Type/Level/Number"
For details on how to duplicate reports, check out this tutorial here: Duplicating an Existing Report
2. Enter Layout Mode for Message Schedule Type Sort
1. Go to the SIGN Table
2. Click Reports
3. Select "Message Schedule Type Sort"
4. Click Edit
5. Change Mode from Preview to Layout (View > Layout, or press command+L)
3. Edit the Report Sub-Summary
1. Double-click on the Phase Sub-Summary Part Label
2. Change the related Table to brType
3. Select ::Order
4. Click OK
4. Edit the Sub-header Text
1. Double-click on the textbox containing the text "<<brPhase::Phase>> - <<brPhase::Date>>", and double-click the text so that you're in text editing mode.
2. Select the text that you'd like to replace
5. Choose new Merge Fields
1. Go to Insert > Merge Field...
2. Change the table that you're choosing from to brType
3. Select ::Type (or whatever other field you'd like to add...
4. Click OK
Note that in our example, the text in this textbox now reads <<brType::Type>> - <<brType::Description>> to show the Type and Description for each type (with a dash in the middle)
We now have a report that includes each different type in its own separate sub-sort and page. Awesome!