This tutorial will walk you through exactly how to add a new option for sorting your reports in SignAgent Pro™ 3.0. It may seem complicated, but is actually very easy if you just follow these steps.
1. Get into the Report Editing Layout
In the SIGN Table...
1. Click on Reports
2. Click on Edit in the Navigator window
3. Go to Scripts > Manage Scripts (or press Shift + Command + S on Mac or Shift + Ctrl+ S on PC)
2. Open up the Script file__sortSize___report
1. Select file__sortSize__report by clicking on it in the list on the left.
3. Duplicate an existing Sorting Option
1. Find an existing sorting option in the Script, similar to seen above... (you can select multiple lines by clicking on the first line and then holding Shift and clicking on the second line)
The first line should start with Else If [$reportSort =
The second line should say Sort Records [Restore; No dialog]
2. Duplicate these lines by going to Edit / Duplicate Step or by pressing cmd+D on Mac or ctrl + D on PC
4. Modify Line 1 (Sorting Description)
1. Double-click on the first line of your newly duplicated text
2. In the Specify Calculation dialog box, modify the text in quotation marks. You can make this whatever you like, but you must match it EXACTLY in the REPORTS table
3. Click OK
5. Modify Line 2 (Record Sorting)
1. Double-click on the second line of text (Sort Records [Restore; No dialog])
2. Place the options in the Sort Order box in the order you would like them. (Note that in the order specified above that signs will be sorted by Level, then Type, then Number)
3. If you don't see the one you're looking for, find it in here (Go to the respective table, and then select ::Order)
4. Click OK
6. Exit and Save the Script
You can now exit out of the Edit Script dialog box. NOTE that when it asks you if you want to save, press Save!
You can also exit out of the Manage Scripts dialog box and the Reports dialog box until you are back at the SIGN table
7. Choose your Sorting option in the REPORTS table
1. Go to the REPORTS table
2. Enter your Sort Order EXACTLY as you did in Step 4
Complete! Your reports will now be sorted in a new order!