This tutorial will go over the steps of how to customize an existing report in SignAgent Pro™ 3.0
1. Open up the Report to Customize
1. Go to the SIGN table
2. Click on "Reports"
1. Select the Report that you would like to Edit (don't worry about the sort order... you can see the tutorial on how to change sorting orders here: How to Add a New Sorting Option)
The active report is the one highlighted in green. We'll be using a Message Schedule as an example.
2. Click Edit.
In the window labeled "Reports", click where it says "Preview" (near the bottom-left corner of the window) and select "Layout" in the drop-down menu.
You could also press command+L on Mac or ctrl+L on PC
This will put you into Layout mode, which is where you can edit the report.
2. Make the Necessary Changes
For this example, let's say that we want to remove the "Drawing" field and replace it with "Internal Notes"
This is the default Message Schedule report in layout mode... obviously it looks a little bit different... You can get an overview of this mode in this article: Formatting Basics
Before we do anything, let's make a Duplicate of this layout to keep it separate from the default... you can see how to do that here: Duplicating an Existing Report
In order to change the "Drawing" field to the "Internal Notes" field, we have to do 2 things.
1. Change the heading from Drawing to Internal Notes
2. Change the field itself from Drawing to Internal Notes
Step 1 is easy... simply double-click on the heading and change the text from "Drawing" to "Internal Notes"
Step 2 has a couple different options...
Option 1: Copy the field from the Starter Layout
This is probably the simplest option, though maybe not the quickest...
Here's how to do this:
1. While in the Reports window, open a new window by going to Window > New Window
2. Switch that new window to the Starter layout by selecting it from the drop-down menu
3. Copy the Internal Notes field and Paste it into your report. Then format it as you choose!
Option 2: Change the field type in the report
This option is quicker if you know where to look.
You can also change the contents of a field directly; this will keep all of its existing formatting, location, etc.
1. Double-click on the field you would like to change
2. Find the related table in the drop-down (eg. Internal notes are found on the SIGN table, so you'll look in "brSign"
3. Select the field you would like to change to
4. Click OK
You can then also rearrange and format how you please.