This tutorial will teach you how to import a TYPE table from one SignAgent Pro™ file to another using the "Import TYPE table" command.
1. Identify your 2 SignAgent Pro™ Folders
Let's say you're looking to import the TYPE table from project SignAgentPro-1 to project SignAgentPro-2...
Open up the following folders:
1. SignAgent Pro-1
2. SignAgent Pro-2
2. Copy & Rename Database 1
1. Copy database from SignAgentPro-1 (green) into the SignAgentPro-2 folder (red)
2. Rename SignAgentPro-1 database to OLD.fmp12
3. Open Files
In the SignAgentPro-2 folder (RED), do the following...
1. Open up OLD.fmp12 file
2. Open up SignAgentPro-3.fmp12
4. OLD.fmp12 - Show All Records in TYPE Table
In OLD.fmp12, do the following
1. Go to TYPE table
2. Click Show All
5. SignAgentPro-3.fmp12 - Import TYPE Table
In SignAgentPro-3.fmp12, (in the SignAgentPro-2 folder still) do the following:
1. Go to the TYPE table
2. Go to File > Import TYPE Table
6. Make a Choice...
You can choose to delete existing Types or not... choose accordingly.
All the Sign Types from your first database have now been successfully imported into the second database!
Note that this will only import the Sign Types into the TYPE table... it will NOT import any related signs into the SIGN table