This tutorial will teach you how to adjust the size of your print preview for each sign type.
NOTE: You must have editor privileges to change these settings!
Enter Layout Mode
The first step is to choose the sign type you wish to adjust and then enter the layout mode of that template. This is done by
1. Clicking the Print Preview button in the Sign Table
2. Selecting Edit
3. Click where it says Preview (in the bottom left corner of the window and select Layout (alternatively, press cmd+L or ctrl+L)
In order to change the size of the template, you have to edit some of the scripts that run in the background of SignAgent Manager™. This sounds more complicated than it actually is.
To access these,
1. Click "Scripts" in the top-toolbar (or press cmd+shift+S or ctrl+shift+S)
NOTE: This is only necessary if this is a new template or sign type. If a SignAgent Manager™editor has already set up this template (and the name has not changed) then you can skip to the next step.
1. In the Manage Scripts window, ensure that Show All is selected
2. Select file__print__report
3. Double-click on the first line of text that starts with If (PatternCount ("
4. In the window that opens up, make sure that your EXACT template name is included in this list. It must match exactly (including capitals and any symbols) or SignAgent Manager™ will not be able to recognize it.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 for the second line of text that starts with If (PatternCount ("
6. Close the file__print__report window, being sure to save when it asks.
Next you'll need to edit the file__printSetup script.
1. Double-click on file__printSetup to edit it.
2. Select a section of 3 lines in this format:
Else If [$reportLayoutName__t = "TEMPLATE NAME"]
Print Setup [Restore; No dialog]
You can select all 3 by clicking on the top line and shift+clicking on the 3rd line
3. Duplicate these 3 lines
Edit the first line of your duplicated text
1. Double-click on the first line of your duplicated text
2. Change the text within the quotation marks to your EXACT sign template name
3. Hit OK
Edit the second line of your duplicated text. Note that this is just a comment to help you see what size your template should be... this line does not actually effect any code.
1. Double click the second line of your duplicated text.
2. Type in the dimensions of your template
3. Click OK
Edit the third line of your duplicated text. This determines the size of your template when printed or displayed on the print preview.
1. Double click on the third line of your duplicated text.
2. Select the paper size that you wish to print on. If you don't see it in the drop-down list, select Manage Custom Sizes
(NOTE: This dialog will look slightly different on a PC, and you may not have the option to change custom sizes. This is because of how FileMaker is set up, and is unfortunately not something we can change)
3. Create a new custom size by clicking the + button.
4. Define your paper/template size in millimetres. (1 inch is 25.4 millimetres)
5. Set your margins (or non-printable area) to 0 mm each.
6. Click OK
7. Exit the script dialog, being sure to save.
8. Close and open the template preview. Your template should now be displayed at the proper size!