1. Open Scripts Panel
In InDesign, open up the Scripts Panel. You can find this in Window/Utilities/Scripts.
2. Activate Review Script
Activate the Review Script by double-clicking on it in the Scripts Panel.
3. Review Sign Content
This will open up the Review Dialog and move your screen to the first sign in your project.
In here, there are a number of important things to be aware of:
- Sign Selected - This displays which sign is currently selected, as well as its order on the current floor and in the entire project.
- Sign Content - This area displays the content of the currently selected sign. Note that you can not change the content directly from this dialog.
- Review Notes - Here, you can enter any comments or notes about the sign before you approve or reject it. These notes will be added to the Notes field (after any existing notes) when the sign is approved or rejected.
- Approve - This button will change the Status of the sign to "Approved" and move you to the next sign. It will also apply a green stroke to your sign tag.
- Reject - This button will change the Status of the sign to "Rejected" and move you to the next sign. It will also apply a red stroke to your sign tag. Note that you'll need to add a reason in the Review Notes before you can mark a sign as rejected.
- Next Sign - This button will move you to the next sign in your project without assigning a new status or adding your review notes.
- Close - This will end the review process.
- Review Progress - These progress bars show your progress through the current level and through the entire project
- Show/Hide - These checkboxes allow you to choose whether or not to hide signs after they've been Approved or Rejected.