This lesson will teach you how to export records from your SIGN table to an Excel spreadsheet. Note that it will only export any records that are currently in the found set.
1. Go to SIGN Table, Sort by Type, then Export
1. Go to the SIGN Table
2. Click on the Type header twice. The sort order (at the bottom-left corner) should say "Sort Order: Type"
3. Click on the "Export" button
2. Apply Excel Options (optional)
Here you can apply options about the naming of the Excel Spreadsheet... take note that you can choose to include field names in the first row (or not)
3. Select Fields to Export
- We don't need the fields that are in here by default, so select "Clear All"
- Be sure to Group by TYPE::Order
- Add Type to the list (by double-clicking, or by selecting and choosing "Move")
- Add QUANTITY SUM to the list (by double-clicking, or by selecting and choosing "Move")
Note that QUANTITY SUM will be your TOTAL sign count, and QUANTITY SUM by Order will be the count for each Sign Type.
4. More Fields to Export
- In the drop-down list, choose TYPE
- Add Description to the list (by double-clicking, or by selecting and choosing "Move")
- Add Drawing to the list (by double-clicking, or by selecting and choosing "Move")
- Rearrange the list as you see fit, by using the arrows next to each line. The order here will be the order of the columns in your Excel spreadsheet.
- Click Export
Your sign count report is now in the Excel folder in your SignAgent Pro™ project folder. If you didn't choose to change the name in Step 2, then it will be called SIGN by default.
BONUS! - Sign Estimate Report in Excel
To export a Sign Estimate Report (instead of a standard Sign Count report), follow all the steps above up to and including Step 4 (but DON'T Export yet)
- Add the Unit Cost field (when in the TYPE area)
- Go to Current Table ("SIGN")
- Add Extended Cost SUM
- Rearrange fields as you like, and click Export
This will give you a Sign Estimate report in Excel... note that Extended Cost SUM will be your total cost over the project. Extended Cost SUM by Order will be the Cost per sign type across the project.