If you are using an older version of InDesign, such as CS6 or an early version of CC, you will need to open the .IDML (InDesign Markup Language) file in the SignAgent Pro™ folder.
Follow the steps below:
1. Open .IDML file
Open the IDML file directly from your SignAgent Pro™ folder. This can be done by double-clicking on it, or by right-clicking and selecting Open
2. Result: Untitled-1
Note that the file is called Untitled-1.
In its current state, the SignAgent Pro™ scripts will not function properly.
3. Save File
- Select: File
- Select: Save
4. Replace Incompatible INDD file
- Click on SignAgentPro-3.indd
- This will automatically give your new file the name "SignAgentPro-3.indd", replacing the old, incompatible file.
- Make sure that you're choosing the correct document format for your version of InDesign, and choose document, not template.
5. Write over existing file
- Press: Replace to overwrite existing, incompatible INDD file with your new correct file.
6. Result - SignAgentPro-3.indd
Notice that the file is now properly saved as SignAgentPro-3.indd
7. Remove .IDML File (optional)
The .IDML file no longer has any use. You can delete it, if you so choose
- Right Click: SignAgentPro-3.idml
- Select: Move to Trash
You can now go about your SignAgent Pro™ related business normally and without worry.